600 Cots Destroyed After Hurricane Evacuee Diagnosed With Infection
600 cots in Killeen were destroyed after a Hurricane Harvey evacuee was diagnosed with an infection!
The evacuee was diagnosed with MRSA, according to KXXV. The cots were located in Bell County at the Fairway Middle School in Killeen. The State advised the shelter officials to destroy the cots, rather than clean them.
My opinion: This speaks on how deep the affects of a devastating hurricane go! Not only does it destroy life and property during it's life, it has long-lasting effects on people, who aren't even in the affected area anymore! Being forced to share tight quarters with lots of people is how communicable diseases and infections spread. Just imagine going from the safety and comfort of your private home and facilities, to have to share a public space with hundreds of people! It's so sad!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]