9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]
Check out these 9 random, weird and bizarre facts about our beautiful state of Texas!
1. If you ever find Big Foot, it IS legal to kill him!
2. Earth, Texas is the only place on Earth on named “Earth.”
3. Over 20 Million bats live in the Bracken Cave here in Texas, making it the world’s largest colony of bats!
4. A city in Texas renamed itself to “Dish, Texas” to receive free Dish satellite service for 10 years!
5. In Norway, “Texas” is slang for “crazy”!
6. Texas has 730 airports, the second highest of any state in the U.S.
7. The Galveston hurricane of 1900 was the deadliest natural disaster ever to strike the U.S., killing between 6,000 and 12,000 people.
8. Texas has at least 200 ghost towns!
9. The State of Texas has sued the Federal Government more than 40 times in this century!
Source: The Chive
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Nominate A Dad For Father Friday In Buffalo!
- Summer 2016 Concert Guide For Buffalo, WNY And Canada! [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!