Belton police Warn Residents Of ‘Bank Jugging’ Scheme
Belton police have issued a warning about 'bank jugging'! Don't be a victim!
Bank jugging, is where criminals follow people who have made a withdrawl from a bank or ATM, according to KWTX. Belton police say that thieves might try to break into vehicles to try to steal the cash or worse, robe residents! At this point, bank jugging hasn't happened in Belton, but police have it on their radar and want residents to be aware.
Belton police Sgt. Kim Hamilton told KWTX, "Rely on your own instincts. If you feel like someone is watching you they probably are. It's always good to be aware of your surroundings. If anyone was following you, or watching you and you are leaving the establishment. Hide the money.”
Police suggest that you lock your doors while making a withdrawl and after, as well as keep your eyes and ears open!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]