UPDATE: 12:11 PM: Authorities have given the "all-clear", and citizens are no longer being asked to stay indoors.

The chlorine leak reportedly originated from a 20-gallon container found to be leaking Wednesday morning.

No injuries had been reported as of noon Wednesday.


 

Citizens of Florence, TX are being asked to stay inside with doors and windows shut after a dangerous chlorine gas leak.

KXAN reports that residents up to the 500 block are advised to place towels near any gaps in doors and windows and to shot off air condition units.

Citizens are strongly advised NOT to drive in the area.

An announcement will be made when conditions are once again safe.