Texas Baby Suffocated To Death By Car Seat Strap In Babysitter’s Closet [Video]
A 9-month-old Texas baby died of suffocation by a car seat strap in his babysitter’s closet!
The Forth Worth baby was strapped into a portable car seat, according to KXXV. He was strapped in for a nap in a walk-in closet at his babysitter’s house on Monday night. She was watching 10 or 11 children at the time of the death. She claims she put the baby in the closet in his car seat because it was quiet and he was napping. The medical examiner says the 9-month-old was suffocated by the straps of his car seat.
According to KXXV, Officer Brad Perez with the Fort Worth Police Department, “I think what she was doing was she put the baby down to sleep but did not want to put the baby on the bed by itself because she was afraid it would possibly roll over. So, she left the child in the car seat is what she did. What it sounds like is that bottom buckle was never attached. So, the baby unfortunately began to slide down, and the weight of himself against that beam is possibly what it is that caused him to suffocate,” Perez said.
Police are still investigating and a spokesperson for Child Protective Services says the state is investigating.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]