Producer Detail Loses $15 Million Rape Lawsuit: Report
Producer Detail just lost a sexual assault lawsuit, and as a result, will reportedly have to pay $15 million.
According to a report the Associated Press published on Thursday (Sept. 26), a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled in favor of model and singer Kristina Buch in her case against Detail, born Noel Fisher. The lawsuit, which was filed last December, alleges that Detail, who previously produced for the likes of Wiz Khalifa, Nicki Minaj and Gucci Mane, raped Buch and inflicted sexual and emotional abuse on her back in 2016.
Detail's legal team didn't follow up by filing their own documents nor have they responded to any prior summons in the nine months since the lawsuit was filed. That's what led to the judge issuing a default judgment against the producer.
"No one should have to suffer the type of abuse Ms. Buch has suffered at the hands of Mr. Fisher," Buch’s attorney William J. Briggs said in his statement about the ruling. "We are gratified that the court saw that Mr. Fisher should be held accountable for subjecting Ms. Buch to this horrible abuse."
Buch's lawsuit alleges that the Grammy Award-winning producer began sexually abusing her shortly after she arrived in L.A. from Indiana. Fisher reportedly agreed to help Buch develop a music career and even recorded songs with her in the studio. During their time together, Detail allegedly became aggressive and abusive. Buch says he demanded sex and told her it was necessary to get far in the music industry.
Buch is just one of six women within the music industry who came forward with allegations of Detail's sexual misconduct. After two other lawsuits were filed from former assistants of his, Detail and his legal team began filing legal documents to fight the cases. In those docs, the producer claimed that he didn't get notices about the lawsuits because he lost his home and work addresses after the allegations against him surfaced.
See 22 Hip-Hop-Related Police Raids