Pusha-T Thinks Drake’s Unreleased Diss Track Would’ve Dropped If It Was Beneficial
The feud between Pusha-T and Drake is officially over, but if you ask Rap-A-Lot Records CEO J. Prince, Drizzy could have ended it with a diss he had recorded. While the diss track supposedly does exist, Pusha believes the Toronto MC would have dropped it if it was actually beneficial.
In an interview with GQ published on June 11, the Virginia rapper hinted that he isn't buying J. Prince's reason for Drake not releasing his diss. "You know, I don't know. I just feel like if there was something that was beneficial for either of those two guys, they would do it," he said. "I think they're into doing anything that's beneficial for them."
While the "If You Know You Know" rapper didn't call Drake and J. Prince scared, he did say they were thinking logistically. "I don't want to call them scared," he continued. "I just want to say that they're thinking. They're doing what's best for them."
Although the feud may have been lopsided, with Drake never responding to Push's "The Story of Adidon," the G.O.O.D. Music president said he still enjoyed the battle, even if nothing was gained. When asked if it was fun, the rapper replied, "Yeah. I felt like the whole idea of a battle—I don't know what was gained or what was lost."
Pusha had previously spoken with Vanity Fair about the beef, calling the feud dead. "These conversations have been had and, to my knowledge, it's all over. It's all over with," he told the publication.
As for what's next for the Daytona rapper, Push said he's ready to get back to music. "I'm ready to be back to the music for real. Just feeding my base, that's it. That's the most important thing to me at all times."
The rapper's latest album turned out to be a success for him, debuting at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 200 chart and moving 77,000 units in its opening week, 39,000 of those which came from traditional album sales.
See Photos of Drake's Different Looks Over the Years