Today is National Couples Day
It's time to celebrate your other half.
According to National Today, August 18 marks "National Couples Day." Just what exactly makes today the day to celebrate your significant other? Well, nothing really, as it's not an official holiday. But hey, Google recognizes today, and that's legit enough for me.
There's really not much in the books for August except for the beginning of school, so I will gladly accept this "national day." Its invention may have been simply created as some sort of cash grab, but again, there's not much happening around this time anyway.
Personally, I love small tokens of appreciation, and I'll even give you some simple tips on how you can show that special someone in your life you care.
- Flowers: not just for anniversaries! Surprise flowers on a regular day are 1000x better than on a holiday or after a fight.
- Tidying up: picking up around the house, setting the table, clearing the dishes. Taking initiative to help out is super hot!
- Grab their favorite snack/drink: another super simple thing to surprise your SO that can really make their day.
- Actively listening: I get it, we're all busy, we have a million things running around in our head, but giving your undivided attention to your partner when they have a story gets you major brownie points.
- Compliment them: Just because you're together doesn't mean the compliments should stop. Take time to notice that new shirt or hair-do!
- Watch their favorite show with them: a good cuddle sesh during their favorite show is easy to do. Just don't interrupt or ask questions 😂
- Make a Playlist: yes, we're throwing it back to mix tapes and burned CD's. Everything is digital these days, but I absolutely love knowing someone took time to share their favorite music with me.
- Give a massage: Free and easy. An hour long session is not needed, but it is appreciated.
- Give a hug: This one gets skipped a lot, but a good sincere hug is super healing. Don't let go until they do, you never know how much they might need it at the time.
- Leave a note: You don't have to get mushy, just a simple, "I love you," "have a good day," "thinking of you," goes a long way.
- TEXAS BONUS: Get in the car first to turn the AC on because it is HOTTTTTTTT!
So take today as an opportunity to show your partner just how much you appreciate them. Valentine's Day was a few months ago, so a reminder is probably needed!
Let's Explore The Silo at the Laughing Llama Farm in Troy