Top 5 Easiest Things To Use To Decorate Your House For Xmas
If you haven't decorated your house, or even if you have, for Christmas, here are a few things that will make your decorating day easier. They are also things that you can use each year because you can change things up a bit to make them fresh and new without having to buy a lot of new items each year.
1. Packing boxes - Or Amazon boxes. Use any box you have and wrap it in last year's Christmas wrapping. You can put rocks or bricks in the bottom to make sure they don't fly away. Put them under your lighted trees in the front yard or in your house to take up the space that you don't have something to put there. At the end of the season, unwrap the boxes and break them down to store flat in your garage or attic.
2. Glitter - Do you have an old Christmas ornament or decoration that you don't want anymore? Before you throw it away, grab some glue and glitter and spruce it up. It's amazing what glitter does to a tired old Christmas decoration when it's sparkling in candlelight or lit up by Christmas tree lights.
3. Christmas cards - Don't wait for someone to send you some, buy a box of mixed Christmas cards and using a hole punch, make a hole in the top and string a bunch together with ribbon or yarn. You can string them across your doorways or your hearth. They're pretty and very traditionally festive.
4. Book Christmas trees - Remember when we were kids and they would give us old books or phone books (Google it kids) to make Christmas trees with? Check out this video. It's a great arts and crafts project that your kids will think is is fun and old school, and even if they don't think it's cool make them do it anyway.
5. Mirror squares - You can get mirror squares at hardware stores or arts and crafts stores. Put a bunch of white candles tied with ribbon on them for a really pretty Christmas glow on any table.