Bell County Has The highest STD Rate In The Central TX Region
Yikes, somebody hasn't been wrapping it up!
Bell County is the leading county in Central Texas region with sexually transmitted infections and diseases.
According to The Texas Department of State and Health Service's most recent STD Surveillance Report, Bell County is being ranked at #12 in the state for the most cases of syphilis, #8 for chlamydia and #7 for gonorrhea.
With crazy numbers like these we must talk about protection and being responsible enough to ask our future sexual partners have they been tested. Here are 5 tips to help lower your chances of contracting infections and diseases.
1) Refrain from having premarital sex.
2) Reduce your number of sexual partners.
3) Put yourself to the test. Knowing your STD status is a critical step to stopping STD infections.
4) Use protection every time you have vaginal, oral or anal sex.
5) Agree with your partner to have mutual monogamy.