Have you been working from home? Before the pandemic, flexjobs.com reported that only 4.9% of workers in the U.S. were at home full-time.
As of 2022, almost 20% of all professional jobs are still remote, according to a WalletHub study. If you would like to work from home, Texas is one of the best places in the United States to do it.
States With The Most Remote Jobs
Flexjobs.com cites that only 5% of remote, work-from-home positions are truly work-from-anywhere jobs. The remaining 95% have location or geographic requirements, meaning you must live in a certain city, state, region, or country.
More businesses are allowing work-from-home positions, but people who can work from home may not always have the best environment for doing so. Ideal work-from-home conditions include low costs, reasonable comfort, and a high level of security.
In a Smartbrief poll, 77% of workers said they don't want a full-time return to the office, and 26% say they don't plan on returning to the office at all.
Best States to Work From Home
When it comes to stay at home jobs, not every state has the right environment to support that kind of work. WalletHub ranked states based on 12 criteria, including the following:
- Percentage of population working from home
- Amount of potential telecommuters
- Households with internet access,
- Level of cybersecurity
- Average cost of electricity
- Average cost of internet
At the bottom of the list? Alaska. The Last Frontier lives up to its nickname, since only 68% of households in the state have broadband internet access. Alaska also comes in at 51st place on WalletHub's list due to the fact it has the fifth highest cost of electricity in the nation.
Texas in Top 10 Best States to Work from Home in America
How many people do you know that work from home? Since the pandemic, the number of employers with remote jobs has risen steadily.
used 12 factors to compare 50 states and the District of Columbia, including the percentage of people working from home, internet cost, cybersecurity, plus size and population concentration of homes in the state.
Let's take a look at the states that are the best for remote work, and where Texas sits on the list nationwide.
The Most Dangerous City in Texas for 2022 May Surprise You
According to FBI statistics
, Texas had 438
violent crimes and 2,562
property crimes per 100,000 residents as of this year. For every 100,000 residents, there are 224
police officers statewide.
Crime rates are expressed as the number of incidents per 100,000 people.
Love the TV Show 'Friends'? This Texas House Could Be Your Dream Home!
Here's your chance to live just like Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey, Phoebe, and Ross!
This 'Friends'-themed townhouse in Houston was listed on Airbnb and just hit the real estate market
. Diana Hu, an agent at Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate in Houston, said this is the first time in 16 years that she's listed a home with a pop culture theme, according to the Today show
The living room and kitchen will be familiar to 'Friends
' fans as you will see from the real estate photos. At the top of the stairs, you’ll see a foosball table that looks a lot like the one in Joey and Chandler's apartment, surrounded by a comfy couch.
The three-story house also has a two-car garage with a Tesla charger. It's located at 1706 Bevis Street in Houston
, and the asking price is $330,000.
Shall we take a look around, friends?
5 Beautiful State Parks Near Central Texas