“Drug Explosion” In Killeen, Texas Apartment Sadly Displaces 2 People
Early Sunday morning, a fire occurred in a Killeen, Texas apartment complex.
It's not so much the fire, but the cause of it that has me shaking my head.
Sunday Morning Fire In Killeen
According to The Killeen Fire Department and Fox 44, when Killeen firefighters arrived, the fire was already beginning to travel to the second unit after flames and smoke fully engulfed the first-floor center unit.
Residents in the apartment complex say a man was smoking in his unit when the fire occurred.
One Killeen resident told Fox 44:
“The guy was smoking crack or something downstairs, but it's alright you gotta forgive people”
He went on to say: “I was up in the crib, heard a boom, thought my door got kicked, and came outside, it was Hitler, house on fire”
You have to applaud the gentlemen's understanding of the situation, considering the guy who started the fire could have put him in danger. But as long as his "Drip" was ok, he was ok.
More on him in a minute.
What Happens To The Tenants?
The apartments affected by the fire are uninhabitable, so tenants will be displaced and temporarily housed by the Emergency Management Division.
What The Killeen Fire Department Says
Killeen fire chief James Kubinski says there were "improperly discarded smoking materials or improperly used smoking materials that caused the fire".
Kubinski advises being careful whenever you are dealing with a flame, and gave what should be common sense advice: That you be extremely careful with things like smoking materials, candles, and other flammables and make sure they're completely extinguished before going about your day.
What I Think Happened
I'm going to roll with one of the resident's earthly assumptions about the guy smoking crack, and that he started a fire while trying to smoke said crack.
No word on if the guy whose apartment the fire started in was arrested.