Killeen Family Recreation Center to Reopen Monday
The Killeen Family Recreational Center closed back in March due to COVID-19 concerns but Monday, it will reopen!
Hours have been modified to Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 8 PM and Saturdays from 12:30 to 5 PM and closed on Sundays.
Social distancing measures will be implemented as well.
In a press release issued today by the city of Killeen, social distancing will be practiced in the facility and members will be guided through a new entrance and check-in process.
Areas like the locker room, shower, and water fountains will be closed.
Daycare services, the aerobics room, and the basketball courts will remain closed until further notice
Fitness classes will be relocated to the Lions Club Park Senior Center.
The center also asks to be advised of the following requirements:
· Must stay home if sick
· Must wear gloves covering hands from wrist to fingertip
· May not bring any personal equipment (mats, bands, equipment, etc.)
· May bring keys, phone, headphones, and water bottle; all must remain with the person
· Sweat towels must remain on the person and may not be laid on equipment or ground
· No lockers or storage areas will be provided
· Must maintain a six-foot distance from others while working out
· Individual workouts only; no personal training, spotters or group workouts allowed
· Must wipe down all equipment before and after use with disinfectant wipes provided
If you are good to go on all of that, then they'll see you Monday!
The Killeen Recreation Center is located at 1700 E. Stan Schlueter Loop in Killeen.