Lawyer of Alleged 6ix9ine Kidnapper Claims Rapper Faked Abduction
Page Six reported on Friday (Aug. 16) that a defense attorney for one of the men accused of participating in the July 2018 abduction and robbery says it was orchestrated by the rapper himself for album promo.
“No robbery or kidnapping or assault happened,” says Devereaux Cannick, who works as an attorney for Tekashi's alleged kidnapper Anthony "Harv" Ellison. “He was about to drop another album…gotta get that buzz up. That’s how he makes money.”
Ellison, known as "Harv" among the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods, is accused of the crime. Ellison and Aljermiah "Nuke" Mack are the only two men in Tekashi's federal racketeering case that have pleaded not guilty, and they will both go to trial for the case on Sept. 16. Recently filed court documents suggest that 6ix9ine will testify against them.
Cannick also claims that the car used to kidnap 6ix9ine was wired by the government ahead of time, which would mean the whole encounter was recorded.
“We believe that’s going to be very useful to us,” he says.
In documents obtained by XXL earlier this month, U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said that a cooperating witness only labeled as “CW-2” would be testifying about the incident, as well as conversations he had with Kifano "Shotti" Jordan and co-defendant Jamel "Mel Murda" Jones after the robbery, including "a conversation that took place as Jordan and Jones brought an assault rifle to CW-2’s house for protection after the robbery." Media outlets believe that based on the way dates cited in the documents correlate with the day of 6ix9ine's alleged kidnapping, CW-2 is 6ix9ine.
Ellison and Mack both face life behind bars if convicted.
See 10 Rappers’ Purchases That Broke the Bank