Four Amarillo Texas Children Dead From Gas Poisoning [Video]
This is so sad! Four children in Amarillo have died from gas poisoning!
The four children died and other residents were injured after a pest control compound was used at a home, according to KXXV. Aluminum Phosphide, a fumigant often used to kill rodent pests, was placed under the home. The Phosphide was mixed with water, which created a toxic phosphine gas that killed the children. Other people in the home were injured by the gas.
Amarillo Fire Department Lieutenant Josh Whitney said, "The chemical is only sold to people that have a license to apply it, and he got this black market. He applied it yesterday, and then so over the night is whenever all the toxic gasses were leeching to inside the house." Often referred to as a "restricted use" pesticide, when it is inhaled, phosphide attacks the respiratory system.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizzare Facts About Texas [List]