26 People Murdered In Sutherland Springs Texas
Twenty-six people, plus the mass shooter, have been killed in Sutherland Springs!
Twenty others were injured. Devin Patrick Kelley, who received a dishonorable discharge from the US Airforce, was the killer, according to CNN. The mass murder left 4% of the small town's population dead. Authorities believe that it was not a random shooting, the killer's in-laws attended the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, but were not there during the shooting.
The shooter was shot by a resident outside the church, then fled. The resident and another man, who are considered heroes, pursued the shooter. The shooter shot himself, but police are unsure if it was his shot or the resident's shot that ended his life.
The victims ranged in age from 5 to 72 years old, including the 14-year-old daughter of the Pastor, who was on vacation with his wife. Eight members of the same family were killed, including a woman who was five months pregnant and three of her children.
Governor Abbott has said this is the deadliest mass shooting in Texas! Please keep the residents of Sutherland Springs in your prayers as they try to recover from this horrendous tragedy!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]