Dallas Now Has A Shelter For Male Victims Of Domestic Violence
There is now a shelter open in Dallas, specifically for male domestic violence victims!
The shelter, opened by The Family Place, has 21 beds, according to CBS 11. There are private rooms available for men with children. Paige Flink, CEO of The Family Place, said “The Family Place believes that everyone should feel safe in their own home, regardless of gender. We have seen an increasing need for this in our community and want to provide services specifically tailored to this group. We hope to provide these men with the respect and resources they deserve to live empowered, positive lives."
The shelter provides the men with safe shelter, counseling and emergency relief services, case management, childcare, healthcare, legal aid, transitional housing and rental assistance. The Family Place programs are provided in Spanish and English. You can reach The Family Place by calling the 24-Hour Hotline (214) 941.1991.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- Summer Sports Leagues Are Heating Up At Temple Parks & Recreation
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]