KISD Has The Third Highest Suspensions of Pre-K Students
Killeen ISD has the third highest suspension rate of pre-K students, among all Texas school districts!
The news comes from a recent report by "Texans Care for Children," according to KXXV. says Killeen ISD suspends the third highest number of students among all Texas school districts. The report says that during the 2015-2016 school year, Killeen ISD had 495 Pre-K students suspended 1,460 times (in-school and out-of-school suspensions).
Here's part of Killeen ISD's statement:
“Killeen ISD is not able to verify or corroborate that organization’s numbers regarding the rate of in-school suspensions. In 2015-16, for example, we had 319 Pre-K students who were involved in a total of 880 in-school suspensions. We had a total of 4,038 pre-K students that year. So our rate of in-schools suspensions per 100 pre-K students in 2015-16 was 21.79, not 26 as reported by that organization. We don’t know how they arrived at that number, but it doesn’t seem to be accurate. In any event, the number of out-of-school suspensions is down by more than half since 2015-16 and the trend of in school suspensions, leading into the final weeks of the school year, is down as well.”
~ via KXXV
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]