You Might Be Able To Buy Liquor From Walmart And Costco
Get tires from Wally-World and get LIT too! A law that stood in the way of Texans being able to buy liquor at Walmart has been shot down!
A law that prevented Walmart, Costco and other big retailers from selling hard liquor was knocked down by a federal judge, according to the Texas Tribune. U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman found the law, which promotes family-owned companies, unconstitutional. The ruling will have to survive appeals from supporters of it though. Residents in at least 31 other states can buy hard liquor from multi-national retailers.
We will have to wait a bit before turn-up time can happen at Costco! An appeal, which is imminent could take more than a year to go through the federal court system, possibly more time if it ends up in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Spend A Night In Jail, No Bail Money Needed! Check Out This Texas Cell Block Hotel! [Video]
- You Can Own This Haunted House For Sale In Mineral Wells, Texas
- Texas’ 13 Most Infamous Serial Killers, Spree Killers And Mass Murders (Part 2)
- Check Out The Cheapest House You Can Buy In Killeen! [Photos]
- 9 Random, Weird And Bizarre Facts About Texas [List]